Because we deal with general municipal law representation, we take pride in our communities and in making sure effective code enforcement programs are in place. We have extensive knowledge and in depth experience in handling all types of code enforcement matters, including formal and informal code enforcement processes, taking advantage of all appropriate legal remedies, including collaboration with local police, fire, and county departments. We understand the primary goal of code enforcement is compliance, and we gear our efforts toward solving problems while minimizing costs.
- Enforcement of municipal, zoning and uniform codes
- Public nuisance law
- Abatement actions
- Criminal prosecution of code violations
- Civil and Gang injunctions
- Focused Code Enforcement programs for At Risk Neighborhoods
- Strategies for cost recovery
- Ordinance drafting for maximum effectiveness
- Streamlining and analyzing enforcement processes for efficiency
- Administrative citation process
- Administrative hearings including license and permit revocation
- Training of staff, including workshops, for proper investigation, reporting and case preparation techniques
Expertise in Action
Our approach to code enforcement is comprehensive and creative. We are aware of larger trends in the community and can draft ordinances, regulations, and policies and formulate creative legislative solutions. Sensitive to the city’s overall legal budget, we work closely with a city’s code enforcement staff, animal control, planning staff, and judicial officers to create a streamlined process and minimize litigation. Although we strive to achieve compliance through informal and administrative processes, we will litigate code enforcement cases when necessary and will seek cost recovery to the extent permitted by law.
Our “team” approach to solving code enforcement problems is unique, as we blend creativity and experience to find the method that is best for each client and each case. Our team of experienced attorneys is available any time to answer questions and provide assistance to code enforcement officers to ensure cases are handled efficiently and effectively. Our clients are assured the best possible legal assistance at a cost-effective rate comparable to those of narrowly-focused specialty firms.