Teresa Chen is an associate in the Irvine office. She counsels city staff and officials on local government compliance, including matters involving public contracting, public works and utilities, land use, water conservation and storage, code enforcement, Brown Act compliance, the Public Records Act, Political Reform Act, and workplace violence. Ms. Chen is also a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional with a specialization in Commercial Operations and Maintenance (LEED AP® O+M). With this background, Ms. Chen advises public agencies regarding projects and contracts requiring familiarity with sustainable building and land use standards.
- Speaker on Laws Affecting Homelessness in Pomona, Pomona's Community Forum on Homelessness (August 2015)
- Speaker on LEED Project Case Study at the Municipal Green Building Conference and Expo, U.S. Green Building Council - Los Angeles Chapter (April 2010)
- League of California Cities' City Attorneys Department - Municipal Law Handbook Committee, Volunteer Reviewer (2014 -2017)
- The Cleft Foundation, Board Member (April 2016 - March 2017)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association - Domestic Violence Project, Volunteer Attorney (2010 - 2017)
- Pasadena Senior Center, Board Member (2012 - 2014 and January 2016 - August 2016), Programs & Operations Committee Member (2011 - 2014 and January 2016 - August 2016), Programs & Operations Committee Chair (2014), and Social Services Committee Member (January 2016 – August 2016)
- Regional Chamber of Commerce - San Gabriel Valley – Vice President of Economic Development (2013 - 2014), Vice President of Membership (2012-2013, 2014), Board Member (2012 - 2014), Ambassador (2010-2011)
- Union Station Homeless Services, Kitchen Volunteer (2008 - 2012)
**LEED AP® and the LEED AP logos are trademarks owned by the U.S. Green Building Council® and are used with permission.